JV-LinkExchanger - Getting Started
This article serves as a basic reference to get started with JV-LinkExchanger. It specifies the steps that you need to do to successfully use JV-LinkExchanger.
- Download and install the JV-LinkExchanger component
- Download and install the JV-LinkExchanger module - This step is not mandatory though unless you want to use the modules. Modules are used to show recent/random/featured/highly rated links in a separate block of output in Joomla module positions.
- Visit your JV-LinkExchanger back-end and configure your settings using "Configuration" tab
- Visit your JV-LinkExchanger back-end and create categories for your JV-LinkExchanger directory
- Create a menu item for JV-LinkExchanger using "Menus" in Joomla back-end
Once the above steps are done, you will be able to add links to categories at JV-LinkExchanger back-end. Your users will also be able to submit link and banner exchange requests via directory front-end
Additionally you may set the cron job as explained in another article to periodically check if your reciprocal links are intact on your partner websites