Export and Import JV-LD Categories and Links Data
JV-LD provides Data export and import facility in Utilities section in backend. You can use this utility when you want to modify some data in bulk, or when you want to copy data from one website to another.
Export JV-LD Data
You may use this tool to export or take a backup of the existing database tables, and style template and css files used by JV-LD. We recommend you take a backup of the data once in 2 weeks at-least or when you want to create a copy of JV-LD in another website or before you decide to reinstall or run an upgrade.
To continue click on the "Run Now" button inside "Export JV-LD Data" section.
When you click on the "Run Now" button, you will get a zip file for downloading. Download and save it to your desktop.
The data exported will be in 2 folders viz. media and sql.
- The media folder contains all the style files and template overrides.
- The sql folder contains 2 sql files - jvld_cats.sql and jvld_core.sql.
Import JV-LD Data
You may use this tool to import or restore the backup of JV-LD data that was taken using the 'Export JV-LD Data' utility in JV-LD.
MAKE DOUBLE SURE THAT YOU ARE RUNNING THIS IMPORT IN THE TARGET SITE, AS IT WILL DELETE ALL DATA IN THE SITE THAT YOU WILL RUN THIS ON. Please do the following before you proceed to run this utility.
- Make sure that the same version of JV-LD is installed on the target site.
- Using phpmyadmin, delete all jvld tables in target site (all those tables which have _jvld_ in their names)
- Use phpmyadmin and import the 2 sql files that you will find in the exported backup file (jvld_core.sql and jvld_cats.sql)
- Once the above steps are completed, click on the 'Run Now' button to proceed