JV-ShrinkTheWeb - Getting Started
JV-ShrinkTheWeb is a product of JV-Extensions and the result of collaboration of JV-Extensions and ShrinkTheWeb. You can use JV-ShrinkTheWeb to display thumbnails of websites anywhere in your Joomla website. You may also purchase additional PRO features at ShrinkTheWeb. JV-ShrinkTheWeb supports Free/Basic/Plus and all PRO features of ShrinkTheWeb.
Please do the following to get started with JV-ShrinkTheWeb:
- Visit www.shrinktheweb.com and create a new free account. After you create the account, note down the "Access Key" and "Secret Key" of your account
- Then go to your "Account Security" box in home page of your account -> "Manage Security Settings" at www.shrinktheweb.com, and add your server IP address to the field that says "Allowed Referrers". This is a very important step and STW servers will reject thumbnail generation requests if this is not done.
- Download and install JV-ShrinkTheWeb Component and Plugin on your Joomla website.
- Go to JV-ShrinkTheWeb back-end and configure the component. You need to provide the "Access Key" and "Secret Key" in the configuration
- You also need to provide values for cache expiry time and debug switch option and click on save
- Dont forget to enable the JV-ShrinkTheWeb System plugin
- Install and enable the JV-ShrinkTheWeb Editor plugin.
- You may then add preview tags anywhere in your Joomla content and the tags will be dynamically replaced with the website thumbnail previews when the page loads in site front-end.