JV-LinkExchanger - Upgrade from 2.x version to latest 2.x version
In this article, you will learn how to upgrade from JV-LinkExchanger component 2.x versions to latest 2.x version
Before any upgrade, we strongly suggest you take a backup of your entire database. This is very very important.
Following is the procedure to upgrade from a lower 2.x version of JV-LinkExchanger to a higher 2.x version of JV-LinkExchanger on Joomla 2.5.x:
- Take a backup of the JV-LinkExchanger tables from database. If you are upgrading from JV-LinkExchanger version which is less than or equal to v2.0, then please take a backup of jos_jvlinx_ tables. If you are upgrading from JV-LinkExchanger version which is greater than v2.0, then please take a backup of jos_jvle_ tables
- Download the latest 2.x version of component from Downloads section
- Login to your Joomla website backend using admin login
- Go to Extensions => Extension Manager => Install
- In the "Upload Package File", Browse and select the downloaded component zip file and then click on "Upload File and Install"
- JV-LinkExchanger 2.x will be installed and you should see a successful installation message
Please note that un-installation of any JV-LinkExchanger 2.x version, will NOT remove the database tables used by JV-LinkExchanger.