JV-Relatives - Steps to Get Started
This article will outline the steps that you need to follow to get JV-Relatives up and running on your Joomla website.
- Add meta keywords for articles using Joomla article manager. This is not mandatory, but if you do not do this step, then you must enable "Related articles Fallback?" option in JV-Relatives configuration later to enable articles of the same category to be displayed as related articles.
- Install JV-Relatives Component Suite on your Joomla website
- JV-Relatives can display related articles either as a plugin (for K2, Joomla Core, EasyBlog) that is integrated with the article output, or via a module (for K2, EasyBlog, Joomla Core, Cobalt) that you can place anywhere on your website. You need to enable the plugin or module based on your choice. If you are using Cobalt, then JV-Relatives also provides a field that you can add for a content type. The field will display the related articles. So the most important step is to decide which one you want to use. You can read our article that can help you in making this decision.
- Go to JV-Relatives Component interface in the back-end and configure the component as per your needs.
- Go to plugin or module or field that you decided to use, and configure it's options.
- Optionally, you can also turn on the "End of Page Slideout Box" that will show the related articles in a box as the user scrolls down to the bottom of the page.